Friday, July 8, 2011

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

This has been SUCH a frustrating day!  I was expecting to take delivery of my new catalogue open house order yesterday.  It was a very large order that also contains several items I need to finish my convention swaps.  The order didn't arrive yesterday...nor did it come today!  The only information I can get on the tracking website is that as of 12:30 this afternoon it was STILL in Winnipeg (where it has been since Wednesday!).  Since Winnipeg is a LONG way from my living room, I'm not holding out much hope it will arrive before I have to leave for convention.  The really frustrating part is that I paid an extra $50 to expedite the order so that my customers wouldn't have to wait until I get back to get their new goodies...so much for customer service!  I just hope they'll understand that this is completely out of my hands and that I've done everything I could to ensure they receive their purchases.  I am not loving FEDEX right now, let me tell ya!
Anyhow...enough ranting.  Let's look at the card I have for you!  I know that last night I said I would post my SIL's birthday card...well I did make her a REALLY cute cupcake card...but forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her tonight!  Instead I have another card I designed for an organized swap I am participating in at convention.  It is simply a vintage card swap and since I just designed it today, I used the sketch from Mojo Monday and the colour scheme from Just Add Ink as the starting point.  First of all, here is the sketch:

The colour challenge was to use basic black, cherry cobbler, very vanilla and soft suede.  Since these lend themselves perfectly to a vintage card, here is my vintage swap card:

Vintage Swap card for Mojo198 and JAI75 using Artistic Etchings, Notably Ornate and French Foliage stamp sets.

I love doing Vintage...it just is so easy to layer lots of images and embellishments to get something unique.  I also love playing with my Distressing Kit...so much fun crumpling, sanding and sponging!  I hope my fellow swappers will be happy with this card.  I had to start from scratch, since I won't get my new catty goodies in time!  As it is, I'm going to have to beg, borrow or steal some cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon...I ran out with seven cards to go!  Anybody out there able to spare some till after convention???
The good news (and I sure NEED some after today!) is that I only have one more set of swaps to make!  Hopefully I will be able to get them done tomorrow so that I can whip up some general swap cards on Sunday!  Off now to design my last one...I'll show you what I come up with!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your frustrations! But the good news is that I really like your card! Love the vintage vibe and that gorgeous crown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful vintage card Leena. I love all the distressing you've done on it and that gorgeous bow. Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely swap people can receive from you at Convention...enjoy yourself and thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week. Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame your order didn't arrive, but then again, you wouldn't have come up with this fab card if it had! Love the vintage look and feel. Just beautiful. Thanks for playing at JAi this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I love this, looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...