Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On a roll...

Hold on to your seats...two posts in one day!!  It seems the creative block I was suffering after I returned from convention was just a temporary case of inspiration-overload.  I am happy to say my mojo is back and working just fine, thank you very much!  Since I'm back in the stamping saddle again, I thought I'd try another couple of online challenges today.  The card I created actually works for two challenges this week:  The Paper Players and SU Only.  The challenge over at SU Only is to create a Get Well card...something we all need from time to time.  I chose to create mine using the this week's Paper Players sketch:





Here is my happy, CAS card:
Get Well Card for PP56 and SUO24 using the Ain't Love Grand hostess set.

Inside of card with sentiment from the Word Play set
I am really happy with the way this turned out...though it was a lot more involved than it looks!  First of all, I paper-pieced the umbrella...that is always tedious and takes time.  I also added Crystal Effects to the rain drops and puddles to give them watery dimension...you likely can't tell that from the photo!  Then I had the brainwave to simulate the background from the front of the card behind the sentiment on the inside...that took some figuring, but was worth the math frustration!  So this supposedly CAS card took me over an hour to make!  It was certainly worth the effort, though.  Now I just need someone I know to get sick so I can send them this cheery little pick-me-up (is it wrong to wish illness on my friends?!?)  If you're wondering, here are the colours I used:  poppy parade, calypso coral, daffodil delight, lucky limeade, island indigo and pool party.  Can you tell I love the new in-colours?!  I'll be back tomorrow with another card I did for a different challenge...like I said...I'm on a roll...

15 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is a darling card! I love the bright colors - Who wouldn't be cheered up with this card? Thanks for playing along on SUO Challenges Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! The pieced background is great! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card - such a bright and cheerful way to send get well wishes. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a happy get well card! and the paper piercing...what a great finishing touch! Thanks for playing with eith the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leena, this rainbow get well card is stunning. It's bright and fresh and fabulous!I love the color choices. I love the dotted vertical panels with the buttons. Just LOVE it. Guaranteed to make anyone feel better!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love this card ... I am a sucker for anything rainbow related .... your card is so bright and happy perfect for wishing wellness and health on to someone who is under the weather ... I also like how you have followed the theme through to the inside of your card!!!
    Thank you for joining in the fun with us this week at Paper Players!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Leena, this will surely make some one feel better

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a bright and cheery get well card, Leena! I love it! Your paper piercing looks fantastic and the rainbow background is the perfect pick-me-up for anyone feeling under the weather. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cheerful card! Guaranteed to make anyone feel better! I love your color choice and the texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Leena! I love how the umbrella coordinates with the rainbow and the crystal effects is a great touch! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! I love the layout with the happy colors behind the stamped image and your use of the set is perfect! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leena, even though this is clean and not-so-simple to put together, the results are SO worth the effort! I bet that paper piecing on the umbrella took some time...wow! I love the Crystal Effects details, too. This is honestly such a fun and happy card...so perfect for a get well card too. Love it! Thanks so much for joinng us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, I can't stop looking at those great rainbow colors! And you did a gorgeous job piecing that umbrella and then carrying the design to the inside of the card. Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge Team for this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! This would brighten anyone's day! Your paper piecing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a wonderfully bright card for someone who is feeling under the weather!!! Congrats on making Top Three over at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...