Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The end is in sight...sort of...

Well, I am nearly finished my biggest chunk of swap cards.  It is for a WOW swap that has 120 participants!  Yep, that means I am making 120 cards for just this swap!  Can you see now why I've been neglecting my poor blog?!?  Tonight I am posting one of the cards for this WOW swap.  It is a centre-step card.  I decided to do a funky fold as my wow...plus I had a bunch of basic gray 12 x 12 cardstock to use up!  Conveniently, the challenge over at Just Add Ink this week is to do a fancy fold so I'm going to enter this card for that challenge.  Since I made it a Christmas card (can't start too early!!) I am also entering it in the Christmas in July challenge over at the Paper Players too!  So, here is my twofer challenge-convention WOW-swap card:
Christmas Centre-Step card for JAI 74 and PP54 using the Serene Snowflakes stamp set and Northern Flurries embossing folder.

Sentiment is from the old-stand-by stamp set Sincere Salutations...gotta love something that stands the test of time!

Waffle Paper detail...I often have customers ask me what to do with it and I figured my fellow swappers likely have the same questions...so here is an answer!
So...can you believe I am making SIXTY of these things?????  Yep, I'm nuts, I know.  It was one of those "It seemed like a good idea at the time" kinda things.  Thankfully I've had a little help.  My stamping buddy Christine helped me out yesterday doing all the tearing and sponging of the focal image layer.  Thanks Christine...it was a HUGE help!  One less step for me to have to do!  I honestly don't have the energy tonight to post the instructions for this card...it is a bit involved.  You can find the tutorial for how to make a Centre-Step card here.  It from Splitcoast stampers and is the one I used to design this card.  The colour scheme is basic gray, pool party, whisper white and just a hint of island indigo.  I also used irridescent ice embossing powder on the side panels and vanilla shimmer smooch spritz on the centre focal image.  Its not very visible in the photo, but this card is very pretty and sparkly...very festive!  Tomorrow I'll try and post the other design I did for this swap.  I had to split the 120 into two designs of 60 each or I'd go completely bonkers!!!  For now its off to bed...I have another long day of stamping tomorrow!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! 60 of them! Your either very keen or a bit of a mad stamper LOL ;) This card looks fantastic. I'm sure that everyone will love it. I love the embossing and the stamped snowflakes on the side. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ...you have been busy ....
    I would be thrilled to receive one of these lovely cards, as I am sure your receipients will be too. Love all the detail, and how good does that waffle paper look. I am such a sucker for fancy folded cards!!! Well done
    Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 60??? Yay for you!! Love the card, especially the waffle paper detail! Have fun at convention! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Leena! What an ambitious undertaking! That is a lot of swaps! This card is awesome, I need to try that fold! I love the clean lines and the pretty colours! I am so happy you join us at the Paper Players!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leena, you are amazing to have made so many of these WOW cards for a swap. The recipients will be thrilled with them. Love the unexpected color choices, so refreshing. Have fun at convention and thank you for joining the Paper Players again this week.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--what an ambitious project, but how beautiful this is! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Leena! The bling...the fold...the embossing! This is perfect! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty, Leena! Love the colors and the perfect ribbon. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Paper Players this week! :) Good luck with finishing those swap cards. Wowza! 120 cards...you are a swappin' rockstar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...