Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 1: WOW!!!

Ok...I thought yesterday was a great day, but let me tell you, today was even BETTER!!  I don't really even know where to begin to tell you all the exciting announcements that were made today.  First off, we got to see the upcoming Holiday Mini.  This not-so-mini catalogue is FILLED with fantastic new products including...wait for it...a new scoring board called Simply Scored!!!  It is what we've all been asking and waiting for and its fabulous!  One of our team, Natasha Byrne, won one for free from Prize Patrol!!  We are all looking forward to playing with it when we get home!  I have to say, though, that as great as all the new announcements were today, the highlight for me was walking through those doors before the first general session.  Stampin' Up closed the home office and had all the personnel come to convention to line the aisles as we entered the room.  They were cheering and high-fiving us as we walked in.  It meant more to me than I can express.  I have never felt more valued and appreciated.  I said several times today that if only someone would show just a fraction of that kind of appreciation for the work I and thousands of other teachers do, our kids would be so much better educated and our teachers would be so much happier.  I'm actually tearing up as I type this because it was such a powerful experience for me...and I'm not a rah-rah kinda girl!  It just was so amazing to have the company I work for show their appreciation for the work I do in that way.  I can't put into words what that was like.  Every demonstrator should have this experience!
Now, on to some photos!  Here are the four of us as we waited for the first general session to begin:
It certainly didn't feel like 8:00 am...it was a huge party!!  Can you see the tears in my eyes?  This was taken right after we walked through those doors!
One of many ways Stampin' Up recognizes it's demonstrators is by having them walk the convention stage for various accomplishments.  This year, a new recognition walk was for those who recruited.  This photo is of three of us (Jamilla was taking the photo, but she recruited too!) as we took our walk:
Another highlight was our Make-n-Take session this afternoon.  We got to create 5 great projects AND Stampin' Up! provided us with a "Workshop in a Bag" which contained three additional projects along with enough materials for a workshop of 8 for each one!  What a great bonus!!  Here are Jamilla and I doing our Make-n-Takes:
I also got a chance to look at some of the display boards containing hundreds of fantastic project ideas.  I was thrilled to find THREE of my cards displayed!  Here they are (sorry the photos aren't great...we can't get close enough to take a really good shot!)
Those of you who have been following my blog will likely recognize these.  I made them last year and submitted them at our Regional Seminar in Hamilton last September!  Man, was I flattered to see them up on those convention boards!!
By far the biggest news of the day had nothing to do with me.  My sideline, Denise Donald, had a VERY special evening.  Tonight at Awards Night, she won the top Rising Star award for new demonstrators in all of Canada!!!  We are SOOOOOO thrilled for her and couldn't be prouder!  Here are some shots of Denise's moment:
The BIG announcement!

On stage with Shelli Gardiner (far right) and the 2nd and 3rd Rising Stars for Canada. 

One gorgeous and VERY happy lady!
Congratulations, Denise!  You have earned this...enjoy every moment!

Well, that's it for Day one...can't imagine what tomorrow will bring!  I'm off to bed to get some rest...I am exhausted...exhilarated, but exhausted!  I'll be back tomorrow with Day 2 highlights!

2 comments:

  1. Whoo Hooo! Can't wait to see the mini myself! So excited for you, Leena to experience all that energy for the first time! I heard about the Scoring Board and "yea", to Natasha for winning one! Congrats to Denise ... she looks so radiant! Way to go everyone! I'm so thrilled for all of you and wish I could be there with you all!
    Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leena!! Thank you for such great comments and pictures. Denise has been so busy with the convention she hasnt had time to tranfer any pictures so your pictures show me my wonderful wife in her glory!!! She has worked hard as I know Jamilla and her entire team do. Keep up the great creations too. You have a talent for creating beautiful cards. I loved the Christmas cards. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...