Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Burst of Creativity!

Today was a perfect day:  lots of quality time with my little guy and some time to play with my new stamping goodies!  It was another HOT one here today...still no rain.  We spent time in the pool this afternoon...about the only place it was comfortable being outside!  I sure hope it rains soon...
Now...on to today's project.  It has been several weeks since I've been able to participate in any online challenges so I decided it was high time I got back to it.  Today's card is  based on this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  Here is the sketch:
And here is my card:

Card for MOJO200 using the new Creative Elements stamp set and sentiment from Field Flowers.

Close up of my popped-up flower

LOVE the new Designer Frames embossing folders!

Inside of card featuring Mocha Morning DSP...so rich and yummy!
This card is really a study in texture.  There are so many different textures going on you just have to touch it!  For starters, I stamped the flourish from Creative Elements in soft suede on a card base of the same colour.  I then ran it through my Big Shot using my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I wrapped a piece of black striped 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around the card base and added a bow tied with an antique brad.  I then cut a strip of the flocked Mocha Morning specialty paper and added a scalloped edge in basic black textured cardstock, adhering it to the cardfront.  Next I stamped the flower three times on watercolour paper using black Staz-on ink.  I watercoloured all three flowers using crumb cake and soft suede inks and my aquapainter.  I then fussy-cut out the full flower for the bottom layer, as well as the middle and top layers from the other stamped images.  I layered the flower using dimensionals to give it depth.  I then brushed it lightly with champagne mist shimmer paint using my aquapainter to give it some sparkle and richness.  On a separate scrap of very vanilla cardstock I stamped the butterfly in crumb cake ink and the sentiment in basic black.  I then ran the scrap through the Big Shot using the rectangular designer frame embossing folder.  I fussy cut out the frame and sponged the edges using soft suede ink.  I adhered both the frame and the flower to the card.  Voila...a gorgeous-so-rich-you-want-to-touch-it card!  I am SO in love with these new products!  I can't wait to show them to my customers...they're going to love them as much as I do!
I really liked working with this sketch, so tomorrow I'll have another card using the same sketch for you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...Leena this is so pretty. Great colors,gorgeous flower and fab ribbon/bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!
    I wanted this stamp set and didn't order it yet ... just gonna have to rectify that now, aren't I?
    Love this paper too! So rich!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...