Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another Christmas card...in July!

Yes, I know...here we are in the middle of a heat wave and I'm making Chirstmas cards!  I have to get planning for my fall classes and, since Christmas is a big part of my fall crafting, I decided I had better get to designing some holiday cards.  This card was inspired by a swap card I got at convention.  I got so many amazing swaps...there are MANY talented demonstrators out there!  I plan to use this card in my Stamp-A-Stack line-up at some point:

Christmas card using the Perfect Punches stamp set and featuring the Petals A-Plenty embossing folder.
I love this embossing folder (actually, I don't think there is one I DON'T love!).  It adds so much to a card for such little effort (and expense!).  Here is how I put this one together:
Starting with a whisper white card base, I ran it through my Big Shot with the embossing folder.  I then cut a 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" strip of whisper white and punched one of the long edges using my scallop border punch.  I ran that piece through the Big Shot as well, ensuring the punched edge remained OUT of the embossing folder so that it would stay smooth.  I cut a 2 3/4" x 4 1/4"  piece of cherry cobbler cardstock, punched one of the long edges and glued the embossed white strip to it.  I then wrapped a piece of cherry cobbler polka dotted scalloped ribbon around and tied it in a knot.  I glued that piece to the lower edge of the cardfront.  For the focal image, I began by die cutting a cherry cobbler medallion using my new perfect pennants die.  I then cut a 2" circle from brushed silver cardstock.  On a scrap of whisper white, I stamped the focal image using Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using the new (and SOOOO exciting!) cherry cobbler embossing powder.  I punched the embossed image out using my small scalloped circle punch and adhered it to the medallion.  I then adhered the whole focal image to the card using dimensionals.  So fast and easy!  I could mass produce this card in a snap, which makes it a perfect SAS card!
Last night I managed to get the last of my convention Make-n-Takes done.  They are FABULOUS!  I need to get them photographed and I'll post them for you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you making Christmas cards. This one is beautiful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...