Monday, July 25, 2011

411 Birthday

Today's card is one I did for this week's Saturday Sketch challenge over at Stamping 411.  It is the second card in my series using the new Easy Events set.  I want to show my beginning stampers what a great investment this set is because of it's versatility.  So, here is the sketch:


And here is my birthday card version:
Birthday card for SSC213 using the Easy Events stamp set
Now, don't get all perturbed thinking I used a non-SU embossing folder for this card.  Fact is, I created my own texture plate using Stampin' Up's build-a-cupcake punch!  I did a tutorial for these a while back...check the Tutorials link at the top of the page and scroll down till you hit "DIY Embossing plates".  This card really was easy to put together.  The trickiest part was the watercolouring...and that's no trick!  Its easy using watercolour crayons and my aquapainter.  I just got the crayons and really love them!  There are so many great options for watercolouring I'm not sure which one I like best.  I'm going to have to play some more to come up with a clear preference.  In the meantime, I'm having lots of fun!  To get the shading on the icing I used melon mambo and pretty in pink.  You can't see it in this photo, but I also brushed on a little frost white shimmer paint to make it extra pretty!  The rest is pretty self-explanatory...though if you have questions leave me a comment and I'll get back to you. 
On a completely different note, yesterday I spent the day rearranging and reorganizing my stamping corner.  My DH put up some shelves and we moved some things around and voila...a whole new set-up!  Well, its not really new, but it sure feels spacious and organized!  I can't wait to get down there today and create something!  I'll share what I come up with tomorrow...TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for you! A new stamping space! That always get the creativity flowing! Not that you really need help in that department! Looks like I'll have to get this set, too! It does so much!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! Making your own embossed background was such a wonderful, creative idea that I'm going to CASE in the near future!! Fabulous coloring on the cupcake too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great embossing technique! Thanks for playing along with stamping411 this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...