Thursday, July 7, 2011

170 down...30 to go!

I am thrilled to say that I am finished the two largest chunks of my swaps for convention!!!  It is SUCH a relief to have them finished...like a weight lifted off my shoulders!  Now I only have two more much smaller sets to complete and then, if I'm lucky and can find a few extra hours somewhere, a few general swaps...oh and my sun hat for the kick-off party!  I was so hoping to get started on those last two sets but my new catty order was delayed!!!  It is still in Winnipeg (a LONG way from where I am!) when it was supposed to be in my living room this afternoon!  I sure hope it gets here tomorrow...I have a huge order for my customers that I expedited so they wouldn't have to wait until after I got back from convention to receive their new goodies.  Plus, there are new stamps and accessories in there that I want to use for my last two swaps!!!  PLEASE FEDEX, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!!
Ok...now that I have that off my chest, I want to show you my second centre-step card for the WOW swap I told you about last night.  It uses one of my favourite colour combos and stamp sets!  Check it out:
WOW swap card using Just Believe stamp set and sentiment from Sincere Salutations set.

Inside of card...this was my prototype...I didn't end up actually doing the inside of the 60 I made to swap...no time!!!!
So while I was lost in stamping craziness, I was thinking..."Why the heck did I do so much heat embossing and sponging on these cards?!?!"  I love both those techniques, but really, if I don't sponge or heat emboss again for a long time I'm ok with that!  I won't lie and say these were quick and easy...they weren't...but it is pretty darned satisfying knowing I'll have some nice cards to swap at my first convention!  I really can't wait...I fly out at 9:00 am on Tuesday!  So much to do and so little time!  I'll try to check in tomorrow, as I have to find time to make a birthday card for my SIL (I'm hosting her B-day dinner tomorrow night!) and will show you what I come up with.  In the meantime, happy stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...