Thursday, May 26, 2011

His and Hers Baby cards

I have babies on the brain these days!  My brother and SIL are expecting in early September and every time we see them the conversation inevitably turns to babies.  They were here on the weekend to babysit so my DH and I could have a date night and we got talking about the PILES of baby gear they are going to inherit from us.  We also discussed how terribly inconsiderate it is of them to keep us in suspense as to the baby's gender...they are making us wait till s/he arrives!  So, I decided to make two baby cards...one for a boy and one for a girl.  I initially set out to make possible samples for my upcoming Stamp-A-Stack...and who knows, maybe these will crack the line-up.  I got the idea for the focal image from the Stampin' Up catalogue  but then had to add more embellishments...because...well...just because!  See what you think...

Baby Girl card using Fox and Friends stamp set and sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Baby Boy card...same everything...except using baja breeze instead of pretty in pink!
I kept these cards fairly simple, since I was trying to come up with SAS designs.  I didn't want anything too involved, or my stampers would be here all day!  I actually did the boy card first and decided to try stamping off some of the crumb cake images to make it a bit softer for a girl.  I like the look and kind of wished I had done the same on the boy card too!  I will make the suggestion to my stampers if we end up doing these ones!

1 comment:

  1. These are sooo cute! I think they are so cute, they must be CASE'd! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...