Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baby Bling

Today's card is another twofer...I combined two challenges in one card.  The layout is based on the sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday and the second is the inspiration challenge over at Friday Mashup.  Here is the sketch and the inspiration photo:


  
The decided to do a card for a baby girl.  A colleague of mine at work just had a beautiful little girl after years of fertility treatments and failed attempts.  I wanted to make something special for her and thought this would fit the bill!

Bling Baby! Girl card for Mojo Monday 191 and MU7 using the Baby Bundle set as well as the sentiment from the retired Lovely Label set.

Sentiment from Lovely Labels (retired)

Inside sentiment from Baby Bundle set

When I was deciding what DSP to use for my background, I immediately thought of the retired Sending Love DSP from last year's Occasions Mini.  This paper has such pretty, girlie patterns as well as some bling, so I thought it would work well for the challenge.  The focal image involved a whole lot of masking and watercolouring, using my ink pads and aquapainter.  I added the tiniest little pearls to the carriage (this little one is a princess in training) as well as to the sentiment.  I also added a little extra lace to make it even girlier.  I really hope my colleague likes this...it took a LONG time to put together! 

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Great coloring! Congrats to your coworker n the birth of her daughter.

    Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she doesnt love this she'll be crazy! This card is absolutely adorable and I love the pearls in all the cute little spots!!Fantastic job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful! You did a lovely job on the watercoloring and desgin. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite DSP of all time.. I love this card your coloring, the pearls, the pink it's perfect for this challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! That's what you call including pearls! Very cute card and I'm so happy you joined in the fun at the Friday Mashup. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...