Thursday, March 10, 2011

Simple Springtime Card

A couple of weeks ago I was tidying up my stampin' corner and came across my hodgepodge hardware.  I haven't used it in AGES and vowed to work it into a design soon.  This card uses the small oval frame...the images and sentiment are from the Silhouette Sentiments hostess level one set.  All of the sentiments in that set fit perfectly inside the small oval frame!  See what you think...
Simple card layout using several different border punches, the final press embossing folder and the Silhouette Sentiments level one hostess set.  (Sorry about the over-exposed focal image...not sure what happened there!)
Better shot of the focal image

Yes, the embellishment addict strikes again!
Hodgepodge Hardware small oval frame.  I love these...don't know why they've sat neglected for so long!
Inside of card...a springtime garden!
This is another one of those projects that just kind of took on a life of it's own.  I started with the intent to create workshop make-n-take, but my addiction to embellishments took over and I went a little nuts (again!).  Here is what I did...
Starting with a rose red card base I ran it through my Big Shot with the finial press embossing folder.  I then punched strips of garden green,very vanilla and rose red using my scallop edge, eyelet border and dotted scallop ribbon punches (in that order)  I layered the different edges under a 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of springtime vintage DSP.  I then wrapped a small piece of Victoria lace trim around the layered pieces, securing the ends to the back with glue dots.  I added a piece of rose red seam binding ribbon to gather the lace and then threaded a big designer button in rose red before tying it in a knot.  I then glued the layered pieces to the left side of the card base.  The focal image is from the Silhouette Sentiments set.  I inked it using my pink pirouette, rose red and garden green markers and stamped it three times.  I punched it out using my 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch and then sponged the edges in rose red ink.  I layered it on a 2 1/2" circle in garden green and adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  The sentiment is stamped in garden green on a scrap of very vanilla, punched out with the small oval punch and then glued inside the hodgepodge hardware frame using Tombow.  I added the brads, securing the prongs on the back with glue dots so they wouldn't slide around.  I then used more glue dots to adhere it to the card.
The inside of the card is very simple...I just stamped the same floral image I used on the front several times at varying heights using rose red ink.  Really easy to do when using clear-mount stamps.

So easy and a really pretty way to use a stamp set that is very versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...