Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wheely Easy Card!

Ok...sorry about the bad pun, but this card was easy thanks to my Friendly Words wheel and some embossing powder.  Check it out...

Fast and easy card using Friendly Words wheel.

Close up of embossed wheel image.

Inside of card

Close up of sentiment
I designed this card for one of my monthly clubs.  This month we were doing a birthday ensemble that was fairly involved, so I wanted a quick and easy card to end the evening with.  Since we were using wheels on the gift bag and tissue for the birthday set, I figured we may as well keep things "rolling" along and use another wheel here.  Here are the details...
Starting with a 6 x 2 1/2" piece of rich razzleberry cardstock, rub the entire surface with an emboossing buddy and then wheel the Friendly words wheel across the length of the card using a cartridge inked with Versamark.  Sprinkle silver EP over the entire image and then heat with heat tool.  Tie a piece of 5/8" satin ribbon in basic gray (retired...you could also use basic black) around the top of the embossed piece.  Layer  this piece on a 6" x 2 3/4" piece of brushed silver cardstock, then adhere the whole thing to a 6" x 3" basic black card  base. 
For the inside, adhere a 6"x2 3/4" piece of going gray (retired, you could also use brushed silver) cardstock.  Ink the sentiment from the You're A Gem set using rich razzleberry and basic black markers and stamp on a scrap of whisper white cardstock.  Punch it out using the curly label punch.  Trim the sentiment and adhere to another curly label in rich razzleberry.  Add rhinestone and adhere to card using dimensionals. 
It doesn't get any easier than this!

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning! So glad you found me, so I had the opportunity to find and follow you. I hope your day is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wheel card, it's beautiful! The colors are great. Following you now :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Leena, I 'wheel-y' Love it!
    I think that is one of my favourite wheels, I also love the stamp set (Friends 24-7) that compliments it!
    Lovely card!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leena,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment. My son definitely surprises me sometimes!!

    You have a beautiful blog. I am glad I popped over. Your projects are adorable. Following you now so I don't miss anything.

    Be Blessed,

    Shannon Willis
    www.shannonscropstop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it now following you. Thanks for following me also..
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it embossed, Leena! I'm sure the club loved their projects if this was the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is such a classy combination of colors and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leena,

    thank you so much for popping by my blog. You do such lovely work. Thank you for your lovely comments. You are so sweet.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you for the nice compliment on my cupcake card! Following you now...

    Karla c(:

    Stampin' Connection #113

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog! Following through SC
    http://teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...