Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Plays well with others...

One of the things I love most about this hobby is the social aspect and the opportunity to just sit and play with ink and paper while hanging out with  friends.  Today one of my stampin' buddies came over to play and we had fun experimenting with my Occasions Mini pre-order stuff.  She also taught me a cool new technique that I used to make a wedding card for a colleague who is getting married next week.  I can't post that card till after the wedding to ensure she doesn't see it before her big day, but I do have a card that my buddy Christine made using some of my new stamps.  Check this out!

Pretty vintage style birthday card using a new set called "Bliss" available for FREE during Sale-a-bration.

Close up of the sentiment from the retired Watercolour Trio set.

The butterfly is stamped in Bravo Burgundy and then sponged lightly with Champagne shimmer paint...unfortunately the sparkle doesn't show up in the photo!
Isn't this such a pretty card?  Christine is not an embellishment kinda gal...I, on the other hand, can't seem to stop adding stuff to my cards.  So I just kept suggesting things she could add and ways she could layer.  She certainly was pushed out of her comfort zone, but I think she was happy with the end result!  Thanks, Christine,  for an afternoon of stampin' fun and for the sweet treats too!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leena! It was really fun playing with some of the new goodies that aren't even out yet! Thanks so much for having me over and yes, I do like my 'simple' card! Your card turned out so beautifully, too - can't wait for you to show it, I'm sure it'll be well received. I love the twist you did on the faux mother of pearl technique I shared with you! Was a great afternoon, thanks again (Santa)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the 'popped' up butterfly and colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...