Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Playing with the Bag with Scallops die

Last month during the Clearance Rack Blitz I bought the Bag with Scallops die for a steal of a deal.  I finally pulled it out and tried a project with it on the weekend.  It sure makes doing little gift bags easy!

This cute little bag uses the Bag with Scallops die, the Tags till Christmas set and some Candy Cane DSP

This little bag is perfectly sized to fill with sweet treats for Christmas!  It was a snap to put together....here's what I did:
I started by running the die through my Big Shot with Baja Breeze cardstock.  Be sure to use the crease pad so that your score lines show.  I then assembled the bag using sticky strip to adhere it.  I then cut a small piece of the striped Candy Cane DSP, layered it on a larger piece of Real Red cardstock and adhered it to the front of the bag.  I stamped the Dec. 25th image in real red and baja breeze on whisper white cardstock.  I punched out the red image using my decorative label punch and then punched the Dec. 25 using my large oval punch.  I also punched out extra decorative labels in baja breeze and layered them behind the red image.  I adhered the whole thing to the front of the bag using dimensionals.
For the front flap, I stamped the snowman image in baja breeze on whisper white cardstock.  I punched it out using my 1 3/4" circle punch.  I then punched a 2" circle from baja breeze cardstock and a large 2 3/8" scalloped circle in whisper white.  I layered the baja breeze behind the snowman image and then mounted that to the large white scalloped circle using dimensionals.  I adhered it all to the front flap using sticky strip.  I punch two holes in the flap using my crop-a-dile and threaded 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Real Red through and tied it in a bow.  Once again, this was faster to make than to write about!  I can see myself doing LOTS of these as the holidays approach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...