Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Welcome to A La Cards!

Well, I finally did it!  I created my own stamping blog!  I have long been a follower of so many wonderful blogs and have often thought it would be fun to have one of my own.  It wasn't until recently that I actually came to believe I might have something worthwhile to share with the other stampers of the world, so here is my very first post!  Keep in mind that I am brand new to this whole blogging thing, so bear with me as I fumble my way through cyberspace!

My first project is a baby card I made for a friend who had a baby boy in July.  It uses a cute little punch art bear which is from Andrea Walford's website.  I made some changes to his head, ears and face to make him a little more cuddly-looking.


The background was created using Stampin' Up's Top Note die which I cut out of cardstock I had layered with patterned paper in a quilt-block style.  I then ran the die cut through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it that cozy baby-blanket look.  The tab stamp is from a set in the new catalogue called "Perfect Punches" and the sentiment on the tab is from a retired set called "Little Angel".
I hope my friend likes this card as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Love your punch art teddy bear! I found you through Stampin' Connection and I am now following your blog. simplycreativewithtraci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...