Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Fun with Fabric!

So I guess I'm on a roll with the Holiday Mini stuff.  I just can't stop playing with it!  Everything is just so beautiful!  I have stamps and paper from the new main catalogue that I haven't even touched yet and I can't put the Christmas stuff down!  Maybe once it goes live in 5 1/2 hours I'll be able to go back to some of my lonely stamps.  But for now, here is another project that uses the new Designer Fabric. 

I took the scraps left from yesterday's post and die cut several 3/4" squares.  I also die cut a Top Note in Whisper White.  I then used a great new product called Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets and coated my top note die cut in adhesive.  Then I laid out a pattern of the little fabric squares on the adhesive-covered top note.  I then trimmed around the reverse side of my die cut so that I had a clean, fabric-covered shape.  I then zig zag stitched over the "seams" with my sewing machine.  I added a little Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and one of the Big Designer buttons.  Something was still missing, so I punched out three ornaments in three different papers and folded and glued them together for a 3-D effect.  I added a little tag from the Tiny Tags set and viola...a home-spun Christmas card!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am sooooooooo going to copy this one!!! You know how much I love that fabric!!! Great job Leena!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...