Sunday, August 29, 2010

Guardian Angel

Last post I wished for a Fairy Godmother...now a guardian angel!  This gorgeous stamp set is from the new Holiday mini and is called "Angelic Joy".  The first time I saw this, I actually thought..."great stamp for a sympathy card"  rather than for Christmas.  I still plan to use it for that purpose, but today's card is most definitely on a Christmas theme.  In fact, I am using this in a swap with my upline and fellow team members.  I hope they like it!

Front of Angelic Joy card

Inside of Angelic Joy Card
So here is what I did to make this card:
I stamped the angel on Crumb Cake cardstock in Soft Suede ink.  I then distressed the edges using the tool in my cutting kit.  I then sponged Soft Suede around the edges and lightly over the image.  I layered the image on a piece of Deck the Halls DSP and then on a slightly larger layer of Always Artichoke (I distressed the edges of the Always Artichoke before adhering the other layers.)  I then took a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and layered it behind a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Deck the Halls DSP.  I tied a piece of Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon around these pieces and adhered it slightly off-centre.  I then adhered my angel image using dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and punched it out using the modern label punch.  I then distressed the edges and sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I adhered the sentiment in the lower left corner using dimensionals.  I added one of the Antique brads and two metallic brads below the angel image.  I then adhered the whole thing to an Always Artichoke card base.  For the inside, I stamped the poinsettia image from the Bells and Boughs stamp set in Soft Suede at the top of a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment (from the Angelic Joy set) in Always Artichoke in the bottom right corner.  I then distress the edges and sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I adhered this piece inside the Always Artichoke card.

Not exactly a quick an easy card to make, but pretty and festive.  Now I have to make a bunch more for my mom...she ordered 25 for herself for Christmas!  At least she did it early enough that I might have a chance of getting them done in time!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours Leena! Can't wait to see it for our swap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...